- Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, 1995
- Emphasis in power system analysis, electric machines, and electric utility practices
- 8/01-Present. Senior Engineer. Power Technical Services, Inc., Downers Grove, IL
- 5/1995 - 8/2001. Power Systems Engineer. PRIT Service, Inc., Minooka, IL
- Extensive client interaction and responsibilities related to: project management, power system studies, proposals, report preparation, scheduling, maintenance and acceptance testing, troubleshooting, corrective design, power quality measurement, training, and interviewing prospective employees.
- Millennium Inorganic Chemicals, Ashtabula, Ohio
- Protective device coordination and transient stability studies related to the addition of a new cogeneration facility to an existing chemical plant and the connection to the electric utility grid.
- Reliant Energy, Aurora, Illinois
- Onsite lead in the performance of acceptance testing related to the construction of peaking station consisting of ten gas turbines with 138/345 kV switchyard.
- Revised and/or authored InterNational Electrical Testing Association Maintenance Test Specification, MTS-2001, power systems studies sections.
POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS EXPERIENCE
- Software: SKM, EDSA, Cymcoord, Cymtcc
- Studies: Short circuit, load flow, protective device coordination, harmonic analysis, transient stability, motor performance and torque analysis.
POWER SYSTEM TESTING EXPERIENCE
- Manufacturer test equipment: Doble, Lake Digital, Biddle, Fluke, Dranetz, BMI, EIL, AVO, Rochester Instruments, Scientific Columbus
- Equipment Tested: Microprocessor, solid-state, and electro-mechanical relays, switchgear control systems, low and medium-voltage breakers and disconnect switches, rotating machines, busway, excitation systems, UPS, batteries, instrument transformers, power transformers, capacitors, metering, and SCADA installations.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Registered Professional Engineer in Illinois
- IEEE member
- NICET certification as an Associate Engineering Technician in Electrical Testing Engineering Technology - Authored article for the InterNational Electrical Testing Association’s publication NETA World titled, “Generator Excitation Systems and Protective Device Coordination”