Performance evaluations of new equipment, prior to energization, are very important. These tests often reveal hidden defects, design or installation errors, and in-transit damage, which can lead to serious system malfunction and extended downtime.
Discrepancies can often corrected under warranty. Finding discrepancies in advance reduces downtime, project delays, and repair costs. Data collected during acceptance testing provides a baseline which can be used as part of a comprehensive maintenance program.
PTS uses state-of-the-art equipment. To ensure accuracy, equipment calibration is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
The following is a partial list of electrical testing services performed:
- Substation Turn-Key Projects
- Comprehensive testing of all equipment within the facility
- Generators, generator auxiliary systems, and motors
- Load Bank Testing
- Polarization Index and Winding Resistance Test
- Power Factor (Doble) Testing
- Circuit Breakers, Circuit Switchers, and Motor Operated Disconnect Switches
- Air, Oil, Vacuum, or SF6 Breakers
- Retrofitting with solid state trip units
- Contact Resistance with a Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter
- Power Transformers: Industrial, Utility, and Generation Station installations
- Oil Sampling and Analysis
- Turns Ratio, Polarization Index, and Doble Power Factor Tests
- Load Tap Changers
- Switchgear, Unit Substations, and Capacitor Banks
- Relay communication systems: fiber, audio-tone, microwave, and power-line carrier
- Relays: microprocessor-based, solid-state, and electro-mechanical
- Calibration of all types of relays including SEL, GE, ABB, Basler, etc.
- SCADA/RTU technologies: Valmet, GE, Harris, SEL & PLC solutions, etc.
- Full Functional Testing and Design
- DC systems: batteries, chargers, and inverters
- Complete System Functional Check to ensure 100% reliability
- Auxiliary systems such as ATOs, HVAC, VFDs, & control systems
- High Potential Testing (AC or DC)
- Medium Voltage Cables rated up to 35 kV
- Medium Voltage Vacuum Breakers and Contactors