Several factors reduce the reliability of a facility’s electrical power systems. As soon as equipment is installed, a process of normal deterioration begins. Unchecked, the deterioration process can cause equipment malfunction or an electrical failure. Deterioration can be accelerated by factors such as hostile environment, increased temperature or severe duty cycles. A well-designed Electrical Preventive Maintenance program identifies and recognizes these factors and provides cost effective mitigation techniques.
The maintenance of a facility’s power system must be a planned effort. A well administered testing program can reduce accidents and minimize unplanned power outages.
Benefits of an effective preventative maintenance program are dual-fold:
a)Quantitative - Measurable benefits realized by reduced cost of repairs, planned outages, and improved operating efficiency.
b) Qualitative - Unmeasurable benefits realized by less unscheduled downtime, improved safety, and effective outage planning.
PTS uses state-of-the-art equipment. To ensure the accuracy, equipment calibration is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
The following is a partial list of electrical maintenance tests performed:
- Infrared scanning
- Troubleshoot to Specific Component with Amp Readings, mV Drop, etc.
- Repairs Done while On Site (if safety permits)
- Long term and short term trending for critical equipment
- Generators, generator auxiliary systems, and motors
- Load Bank Testing
- Polarization Index and Winding Resistance Test
- Power Factor (Doble) Testing
- Circuit Breakers, Circuit Switchers, and Motor Operated Disconnect Switches
- Air, Oil, Vacuum, or SF6 Breakers
- Retrofitting with solid state trip units
- Contact Resistance with a Digital Low Resistance Ohmmeter
- Power Transformers: Industrial, Utility, and Generation Station installations
- Oil Sampling and Analysis
- Turns Ratio, Polarization Index, and Doble Power Factor Tests
- Load Tap Changers
- Clean, Inspect, Torque, and Repair including failure analysis
- Three to Five Year maintenance programs to fit within your budget
- Relay communication systems: fiber, audio-tone, microwave, and power-line carrier
- Relays: microprocessor-based, solid-state, and electro-mechanical
- Calibration of all types of relays including SEL, GE, ABB, Basler, etc.
- DC systems: batteries, chargers, and inverters
- Complete System Functional Check to ensure 100% reliability
- Auxiliary systems such as ATOs, HVAC, VFDs, & control systems
- High Potential Testing (AC or DC)
- Medium Voltage Cables rated up to 35 kV
- Medium Voltage Vacuum Breakers and Contactors